The wiki is currently undergoing some major improvements. If you need some information and you don't know where to look, please come to #ecnet
From ECNet Wiki
Revision as of 02:18, 13 April 2008 by Aristeo (filling in founding prinicples)
Hail, traveler, and welcome to our roleplaying channel group on the Epicenter network.
- We would like to build a community of roleplayers who just want to have fun together. The main reason why we're together is to enjoy ourselves, and our rules are always subordinate to that philosophy. If our rules and guidelines keep us from having fun together, we need to get rid of them.
- We believe that in order to have fun together, we should make a serious effort to hold ourselves to a high standard of etiquette. Nothing drives people away worse than unnecessary stress and senseless bickering. We all want to strive to be as empathic and welcoming with one another as we can.
- We try to be fair towards what other people would like out of roleplay. Of course, we can't all be the heroic knight saving the damsel-in-distress all the time. That's why we try to be fair and share the glory with others, or even be the bad guy for a while.
- We want operators to be simple members of our community who help with channel maintenance. They shouldn't have command authority over anyone, any kind of diplomatic immunity that makes them above the rules, and certainly not the ability to mistreat others. Operators should be respected, trusted people who have a responsibility to keep channels working.
- We don't want to be a dictatorship, a monarchy, an aristocracy, or even a democracy. We want to be a community of roleplayers. Politics and mudslinging belongs in a presidential campaign. ;)
- We feel that the only way we can make our channels a success is if we work together to spread the word, respect one another, and keep our channels enjoyable.