The wiki is currently undergoing some major improvements. If you need some information and you don't know where to look, please come to #ecnet
Dealing with banned users
Users in these lists are not all banned, but they are all at least being watched. This does not mean we follow them around, but rather we're careful and if we get complaints, we weight their past. When adding a user, put their name in bold, describe their infraction and any actions, if any, that should be taken.
This documentation is public because we see no reason to hide behind closed doors. This is not a secret police station, if we're concerned with you, we tell you, then list it here.
The three categories for users in this list are On Notice, Dead To Us, and Never Existed To Us.
On Notice is used for users who may or may not abuse, we are not sure yet, but we need them to be watched carefully. Compalints against them may lead to their being banned depending on the instructions.
Dead To Us is a middle category, it contains many users who are permanently banned, and some who we tolerate though we know they break rules. Follow the directions here, it's used primarily for users which we are gathering evidence on prior to a ban, or for users who we do not want to aggressively fight due to the consequences.
Never Existed To Us is the worst category of all. These users are considered extremely dangerous to ECNet, and as such are generally all banned upon contact. Follow the directions and read their infractions. No one should be promoted to this level without consulting the other staff members, for this level is reserved only for the most infamous criminals of the network.
Banned Users List
- PokerKid - Reported as sending lewd and obscene content, if you find evidence of him evading /ignores, G:line is authorized.
Dead To Us
- Runedude - Ignore, ban, silence, G:line evader. If you see him do not hesitate to G:line. May try to manipulate opers to his side. Social Engineer. (Reference 'The Art of Deception' by Kevin Mitnick)
- RJ205 - Known abuser, young kid who used proxies and other techniques to harass users. He made a deal to reduce his punishment in one case with a long probation. He violated probation, and now he's gone forever. Ban him on sight and drop any/all nick and channel registrations made by him. He is a spaz, and will generally act like a fool, ignore him.
- Seba - Displaying links to child pornography. - Beware, another user from .ar uses this nickname now. Do not ban him or her.
Never Existed To Us
- Mtirv - Botfloods, DDoS Threats, Harassment, Ban Evasion, G:line Evasion, Threatening Network Staff Members, Lying To Staff. G:line on contact, considered extremely volatile, do not attempt to speak to.
- Maikeru/Mjirv - Botfloods, DDoS Threats, Harassment, Ban Evasion, G:line Evasion, Threatening Network Staff Members, Lying To Staff. This one is extremely charismatic and much more talented, he's brothers with Mtirv. Do not attempt to contact, G:line upon sight.
- HULTOR_ - Compulsive flooder and plauge to #mipoio. Uses BioHazard Script to generate CloneX flooders.
Banned Clients and Scripts
If a registered user is found using one of these scripts (maybe to learn or play around), /kill them with a warning in your kill reason. If a non-registered or unknown troublemaker uses them, G:line them for 30 days.
- MuErTe ScRiPt - Spanish script designed for terrorizing IRC network with Bots, Floods, and Clones.
- BioHazard Script - Same as above. Different Author.
- CentralFLU - Same as above. Different Author.