The wiki is currently undergoing some major improvements. If you need some information and you don't know where to look, please come to #ecnet
Dealing with banned users
Users in these lists are not all banned, but they are all at least being watched. This does not mean we follow them around, but rather we're careful and if we get complaints, we weight their past. When adding a user, put their name in bold, describe their infraction and any actions, if any, that should be taken.
This documentation is public because we see no reason to hide behind closed doors. This is not a secret police station, if we're concerned with you, we tell you, then list it here.
The three categories for users in this list are On Notice, Dead To Us, and Never Existed To Us.
- On Notice is used for users who may or may not abuse, we are not sure yet, but we need them to be watched carefully. Complaints against them may lead to their being banned depending on the instructions.
- Dead To Us is a middle category, it contains many users who are permanently banned, and some who we tolerate though we know they break rules. Follow the directions here, it's used primarily for users which we are gathering evidence on prior to a ban, or for users who we do not want to aggressively fight due to the consequences.
- Never Existed To Us is the worst category of all. These users are considered extremely dangerous to ECNet, and as such are generally all banned upon contact. Follow the directions and read their infractions. No one should be promoted to this level without consulting the other staff members, for this level is reserved only for the most infamous criminals of the network.
Banned Users List
- Lisa/Wild/Aces99 - Multiple ban evasions on #sadie's_shack and several accounts of harrassment, currently banned from #ECNet. This user has had numerous warnings and second chances, so any further rule violations is grounds for a permanent network ban.
- Jerrcs - In the past has done considerable abuse, however at this time is not seen as a threat to the network. Monitor user for any suspicious behavior, but at this time we have no reason to believe he is involved in any activities in violation of the rules.
- PokerKid - Reported as sending lewd and obscene content, if you find evidence of him evading /ignores, G:line is authorized.
- Mtirv - Caused substantial problems in the past. Conditional permission to enter network granted. If found using a nickname that isn't a variant of Mtirv or as founder of a channel should be G:lined immediately, otherwise permitted.
- Maikeru - Caused substantial problems in the past. Conditional permission to enter network granted. If found using a nickname that isn't a variant of Maikeru or as founder of a channel should be G:lined immediately, otherwise permitted.
Dead To Us
- RJ205 - Known abuser, young kid who used proxies and other techniques to harass users. He made a deal to reduce his punishment in one case with a long probation. He violated probation, and now he's gone forever. Ban him on sight and drop any/all nick and channel registrations made by him. He is a spaz, and will generally act like a fool, ignore him.
- Seba - Displaying links to child pornography. - Beware, another user from .ar uses this nickname now. Do not ban him or her.
Never Existed To Us
- HULTOR_ - Compulsive flooder and plague to #mipoio. Uses BioHazard Script to generate CloneX flooders.
Banned Clients and Scripts
If a registered user is found using one of these scripts (maybe to learn or play around), /kill them with a warning in your kill reason. If a non-registered or unknown troublemaker uses them, G:line them for 30 days.
- MuErTe ScRiPt - Spanish script designed for terrorizing IRC network with Bots, Floods, and Clones.
- BioHazard Script - Same as above. Different Author.
- CentralFLU - Same as above. Different Author.